As some of you may have seen in the news, earlier today Ming Campbell and Nick Clegg launched our latest campaign – ‘We can cut crime’.
It lays out five Liberal Democrat priorities:
- More police officers on the beat
- Taking back town centres by giving communities more powers to close pubs and clubs that cause trouble
- More honesty and clarity in sentencing
- More work and training in prison – to cut reoffending
- Better compensation for victims – paid for by prison work
You can find out more about the campaign at the campaign website at www.wecancutcrime.com – which you can also sign the party’s online petition.
You can also read or watch a subtitled video of Ming’s introductory speech via his website.